Susan R. Lambreth Principal
Mobile: (615) 545-5530
Susan Lambreth is a founding Principal at LawVision Group and is nationally recognized as one of the top leadership, practice group and project management consultants for law firms. For over 25 years, she has helped law firms of all sizes improve their profitability and enhance their lawyers’ leadership and management skills.
Susan is the Chair and Founder of the LPM Institute, the leading resource for educating law firms and law departments on implementing project management in their organizations. She has given hundreds of speeches on practice management, LPM, strategy and trends affecting law firms or law departments.
Prior to co-founding LawVision, she was with Hildebrandt International for almost 20 years, where, in addition to her consulting work, she chaired many of their conferences and led several of the most successful roundtables for law firm professionals. Prior to that, Susan spent almost seven years with Altman & Weil.
She is also the author or co-author of six leading books on practice group management and legal project management.
- Has worked with approximately 50% of the AmLaw 200 firms on implementation of practice group or legal project management.
- Helped many of the largest firms in the U.S. implement effective practice group management (including over 30% of the AmLaw 100) and train their Practice Group Leaders.
- Trained over 5,000 lawyers, who hold firm or practice management roles, in leadership and management skills.
- Trained over 4.000 lawyers and other legal professionals in legal project management.
- "Legal Project Management – Increasing Adoption with Technology Solutions," with co-author David A. Rueff (November 2016)
- "Optimizing Practice Management: Driving Profitability and Market Position," with co-author Wendy Bernero, ARK Group (May 2015)
- "Implementing Legal Project Management: The Legal Professional's Guide to Success," with co-author David A. Rueff, LPM Institute (February 2015)
- “The Power of Legal Project Management: A Practical Handbook,” with co-author David A. Rueff, American Bar Association (January 2014)
- "The Practice Group Leader’s Handbook for Success” published by The Hilderbrandt Institute (2005/reprinted 2011)
- “Achieving Peak Performance Through Practice Management: A Practical Handbook" (2003)
- "Forging Positive Relationships Between Legal Operations and Outside Counsel," Corporate Counsel (May 2017)
- Expert Opinion in "Twin Cities Law Firms Embrace Ideas from Factories to Lower Costs, Improve Efficiency," Star Tribune (March 2017)
- "Should Lawyers be Project Managers?" Thomson Reuters Legal Executive Institute (July 2015)
- “Implementing Legal Project Management: Is There a Right Place to Start?” American Bar Association (December 2014, also submitted to Practising Law Institute, January 2015)
- "Project Management Changing How BigLaw Does Business" Susan Lambreth interviewed by Erin Coe. Law360 (July 2014)
- “How Can My Firm Avoid the Pitfalls in Implementing Effective Practice Management?”
- Over 100 other articles written/some are available on request
- Practising Law Institute, "Project Management for Lawyers" (Annual, January 2017 – 2011)
- 24th Annual Marketing Partner Forum, "Learning from Failure and Success: Mastering Legal Project Management and Preventing Unsuccessful Client Engagements" (January 2017)
- LawVision Group and LPM Institute, "Legal Project Management - Two Day Certification Course" (November 2016)
- LawVision Group and LPM Institute, "Legal Project Management - Two Day Certification Course" (London, July 2016)
- 2016 Lex Mundi Americas Regional Knowledge Management Roundtable, "The Importance of Knowledge Management in Legal Project Management – Increasing Efficiency and Profitability" (January 2016)
- LawVision Group and LPM Institute, "Legal Project Management - Two Day Certification Course" (November 2015)
- LawVision Group and LPM Institute, "Legal Project Management - Two Day Certification Course" (April 2015)
- ALA TN Chapter Meeting, "Legal Project Management - Fad or Change in the Law Firm Business Model?" (April 2015)
- Corporate Counsel CLE Seminar, "Relationship Management: Litigation Budgets That Work" (February 2015)
- ABA Legal Project Management Training Boot Camp Webinar, "LPM Stage 1: Introduction & Engaging with the Client" (January 2015)
- Two-day Certification Course, "Legal Project Management" (December 2014)
- Law Firm Leaders Forum, "Enhancing Practice Group Performance & Profitability" (November 2014)
- 2nd Annual Midwestern Law Firm Leaders Forum, "Improving Law Firm Practice Group Profitability and Efficiency" (October 2014)
- ABA Litigation Section, "It's a New World - Use Legal Project Management to Conquer It!" (September 2014)
- Webinar, "Legal Project Management: Prepare for Changes in the Practice of Law" (August 2014)
Professional Associations & Boards
- Chair of the annual program, Project Management for Lawyers, Practising Law Institute
- Co-chair, American Bar Association Law Practice Division, LPM Committee
- Member, CLOC (Corporate Legal Operations Consortium) LPM Initiative Task Force
- Fellow, College of Law Practice Management
- Past Member, Research on the Future of the Legal Profession Committee, ABA
- Past Member, House of Delegates, ABA
- Past Member, Board of Govenors, Pennsylvania Bar Association