Geoffrey Schuler, CPA Consultant
Office: (312) 466-5650 | Mobile: (708) 308-7895
Geoff Schuler is a Consultant with the LawVision strategy practice who specializes in supporting major strategy projects and strategic decisions with data, information, and analyses. Geoff routinely takes the lead on financial reviews and evaluations, financial modeling, profitability analyses, and pro forma development. Geoff also supports merger work by assisting with the development of target lists, merger evaluations, and all due diligence related to a combination. He is also involved in the development of market & competitive analyses, retreat preparation/facilitation, and various special studies.
Geoff began his career at PriceWaterhouseCoopers working in the financial services sector. He is a registered Certified Public Accountant in Illinois.
- Created multiple pro forma models outlining financial results based on various strategies which were used to assist firms with their strategic growth plans, and presented the models to firm leadership teams.
- Assisted in multiple law firm mergers and acquisitions, which included the development of target lists, financial analyses and modeling, merger negotiations, compensation analyses, and integration at all levels across combined firms.
- Built practice group profitability analyses that enable firms to evaluate their suite of practices, ensuring they align with overall strategic objectives.
- Compiled “Go-To-Market” strategies which included analyzing the firm’s internal data for ideal client base (factoring in profitability), researching macro/micro industry trends within the market segment, constructing competitive law firm analyses, and debriefing with executive leadership teams.
- Researched Private Equity industry trends and growth opportunities in various regions to assist a firm in deciding whether or not to open a new office.
- "Growing the Pie and the Talent through Organizational Effectiveness," co-authored with Silvia Coulter, Practice Innovations (October 2016)
- "State Of Texas Legal Market: It Isn't Just About Oil," Law360 (August 2016)