Women Lawyer Leaders’ Boardroom
The Women Lawyer Leaders Boardroom is designed to provide a forum for women in leadership roles — or those who aspire to leadership roles in law firms and law departments. The goal is to foster energetic, strategic, and confidential discussions about topics of importance to the profession and of interest to women leaders. Boardroom members meet twice a year and receive other important benefits described below. Discussion topics are member-driven and selected, and are likely to include issues such as:
- Developing business, facilitating opportunities for women in initiatives such as cross-selling, and expansion of existing clients.
- Staying on the leadership track.
- Coaching and mentoring the next generation of women lawyer leaders.
- Establishing best practice models at law firms and in law departments—obstacles and challenges.
- Exploring leadership attributes and models required to achieve planning and implementation success.
- Leading teams and groups.
- Planning for succession.
- Facilitating change to build a better department/practice/firm.
- Building leadership confidence.
- Developing women/affinity initiatives in law firms and law departments.
- Retention/detaining women in the legal industry, within law firms and law departments.
- Stepping down from leadership – integrating back into the practice.
- Planning Key Client Management
Boardroom Member Benefits
Women Lawyer Leaders’ Boardroom members receive a host of benefits including:
- Opportunity to network with women lawyer leaders.
- Candid discussions and networking within a confidential group format.
- 20% discount on all open programs offered by LawVision Group LLC
- 10% discount for individual members at West Legal Education’s annual and prestigious Law Firm Leaders Conference and Marketing Partner Forum.
- Access to proprietary and relevant research.
- Building consensus across the firm.
- Membership is for those members registered. If a member is unable to attend a particular meeting, she may send an alternate from the same firm/company. We recommend as much consistency as possible in attendance, so you can leverage the networking and camaraderie benefits.
- Boardroom members meet twice a year; meetings are hosted at the offices of a member firm/company.
- The program format is noon start with a working lunch on day one; a dinner on day one evening and an 8:30 to 4:00 agenda on day two. Members will decide their preferred dates for meetings at the beginning of each year.
- Strong peer-to-peer networking group.
All meetings will be designed to include facilitated conversations and roundtable discussions based on topics identified in pre-meeting interviews to be conducted by phone. The in-person meetings will include information on a topic of mutual interest (e.g., an annual state of the industry, research findings, etc.) to be presented by a well-known authority.
Examples of women who will join the Women Lawyer Leadership Boardroom are those who serve or aspire to serve in any leadership role including but not limited to:
- Firm managing partners
- Office managing partners
- Corporate general counsel
- Law firm general counsel
- In-house team and group leaders
- Practice group, department and client team leaders
- Affinity and women’s group leaders
- Hiring partners
- Marketing partners
- Executive Committee members